We took one on the chin yesterday as our Bovada FREE MLB Play of the Day didn’t have the outcome we thought it would. That’s why they call it gambling. Check our record and you will see FAR more wins than losses.
Today we will turn our attention to the NBA and the visiting Houston Rockets taking on the Golden State Warriors.
Tonight’s game opened with the Warriors being 10.5 point home favorites. Depending on where one looks that spread is now 12-12.5 points in favor of the home team.
The money line opened with Rockets +465 and has moved anywhere from +700 to +750. The Warriors opened at -630 and is now anywhere from -1000 to -1200.
The total opened at 213.5 and is now generally 212.5.
All this movement occurred after the news that Rockets guard Chris Paul will be out for Game Six due to a hamstring issue.
The Rockets are 16-9 this season in games when Paul sits. Only five of those wins have come against playoff teams. Some of their losses in Paul’s absence include Philadelphia, Toronto, Oklahoma City, Boston and San Antonio. All but one of those losses were on the road.
Warriors glue guy Andre Iguodala is listed as a game time decision. The Warriors are just 12-10 when Iguodala sits. Their only home loss occurred in Game Four against Houston otherwise the Warriors have won every home game this season when Iggy sat.
- Houston is 35-12 in road games on the money line
- Golden State is 36-13 in home games on the money line
- Houston is 39-35-1 against the spread after a win and 2-5 as the road underdog
- Golden State is 15-13 against the spread after a loss and 19-27-1 as the home favorite
- Houston has come under the total 85 percent of the time as road underdogs
- Golden State has come under the total 54 percent of the time as home favorites
Play the UNDER tonight.
On this week’s Phil Naessens Show I discuss the Conference Finals as well as the All NBA Teams announced Thursday and much more.