It’s Wednesday and for probably most of you reading this it may seem like a strange “hump day”. For me it’s just one more day closer to heading to Maine for another great summer of tennis!!
In the world of sports….
- Zach Davies gave up five runs and the only hard it ball was the home run by Matt Carpenter. Either way the Cardinals snapped the Brewers four game winning streak and snapped our three game Bovada FREE Play of the Day winning streak.
- The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors. Four consecutive Finals in a row. ESPN gives us 25 reasons why this is a rivalry “for the ages”.
- Serena Williams won her first round match at the French Open. Her sister Venus lost her first round match. Venus can still be found at this tournament playing doubles with her sister.
- Cleveland Browns rookie defensive back Damarious Randall is a Golden State Warriors fan. He also claims that if the Cavaliers somehow defeat the Warriors he would buy everyone who retweeted this tweet a “jersey”. Notice he didn’t say what kind of jersey. I will let you know if I get my jersey if the Cavaliers do indeed become Champions.
- I entered the fray in the LeBron James/Michael Jordan Greatest of All Time debate. Talked about what the Celtics and Rockets need this summer and previewed the NBA Finals.
I hate the anonymous nature of the internet and always have. It’s easy to say whatever we like when one believes there aren’t any consequences.
“Anonymous” allows a cowardly freedom far too many seem to enjoy.
Before the Internet we whined to our significant other, the bartender, a shrink or whoever how much we hate our co-workers, our jobs, our neighbors and anything else that pissed us off that day. Now we can tell all that and more to the entire “world” with just a few keystrokes.
All this can be done under the veil of anonymity without any risk to our careers, character or integrity. Or at least that’s what we’d like to think.
If the Ringer can be believed, Philadelphia 76ers President of Basketball Operations Bryan Colangelo, has had up to five fake twitter accounts that he used to praise himself, attempt to convince reporters to follow up stories, bash Head Coach Brett Brown and players like Joel Embiid and Nerlens Noel.
Colangelo allegedly tipped the 76ers hand in regards to draft strategy with one of these “burner accounts”.
I have more respect for elitists like Donald Trump and racists like Roseanne Barr than I have for Bryan Colangelo. At least they sign their names to their bullshit.
If the allegations are true I suspect Colangelo will lose his job over this. At least I think he should. How can anyone in that organization ever trust him again?
For me it’s real simple; if I won’t say it to someones face I don’t say it. In real life or on the internet.
Have a great Wednesday everyone!!